This season, Lake Compounce is filled with new and exciting events that are scheduled throughout the summer. From food truck festivals to wiener dog races, everyone is sure to have unforgettable fun this season. Lake Compounce is the oldest, continuously operating amusement park in North America and is home to the world’s #1 wooden roller coaster, Connecticut’s largest water park, over 50 rides, shows and attractions, and has been voted Trip Advisor’s Certificate of Excellence for five consecutive years. Visit Lake Compounce in 2018 and experience unforgettable moments the entire family will enjoy.
11 Reasons to Visit Lake Compounce:
1. Opening Weekend of Lake Compounce and– Saturday, May 5 – Be the first to experience over 50 rides, shows, & attractions during the official opening day of the 172nd season of Lake Compounce. Guests who are not yet season pass holders can take advantage of a first time ever Platinum Season Pass sale on opening weekend. Platinum Season Passes will be only $69.99, a $15 savings off of full price. The offer is available only at the Lake Compounce main gate on 5/5 and 5/6. Guests who would like to can also purchase Single Day Regular Admission tickets at a special discount of buy one, get one free, online only.
2. Diamond and Platinum Season Pass Holder Appreciation – Saturday, May 5 and Sunday, May 6– Lake Compounce loves their Season Pass Holders and their buddies. 2018 Diamond and Platinum Season Pass Holders can bring a buddy for free both days this weekend in addition to the 3 bring a buddy free days they may use at any point during the 2018 Summer Season.
3. Walk for Wishes – Saturday, May 12 – Walk for a cause during the 2nd Annual Make-A-Wish Walk at Lake Compounce.
4. Pink’s 5th Annual Wiener Dog 100 – Saturday, May 26 – 100 of the cutest wiener dogs will race their way to victory! After the race, watch a doggy costume parade and a hot dog eating contest.
5. Opening of Crocodile Cove – Saturday, May 26 – Welcome summer with the opening of Crocodile Cove, the largest water park in Connecticut.
6. Summer Craft Fair – Saturday, June 2 and Sunday, June 3 – Bring your fellow craft lovers and spend the weekend perusing one of a kind handmade treasures AND take a spin on your favorite amusement park rides.
7. Craft Beer and Food Truck Festival – Saturday, June 16– Favorite local breweries and food trucks will be at Lake Compounce! Breweries such as Two Roads, Thomas Hooker, Back East, 744 Express, The Whey Station, Lenny & Joe’s and more will all be at Lake Compounce for these two days only! Get unlimited beer samples for one low price or pay by the pint, its up to you.
8. 1st Annual Car Show Benefiting Autism Speaks– Sunday, June 24 – Vroom Vroom! Come check out some of CT’s finest hot rods! All proceeds from registered cars at event will be going toward Autism Speaks to help spread awareness about Autism. Autism Speaks will also be at the park with information for families. No better way to spend a Sunday then viewing some cool wheels and enjoying some fun thrills.
9. Independence Day Celebration – Saturday, June 30 –Spend all day in Crocodile Cove and then spend a night watching the unforgettable 4th of July firework spectacular.
10. Hero Appreciation Day – Friday, July 20 – First Responders get into Lake Compounce free when a family member or a loved one buys a regular admission ticket. Must have valid ID. First Responders include: Firefighters, Police Officers, EMTs, and Dispatchers. Local emergency personnel will be at Lake Compounce, don’t forget to thank them for all of their hard work and dedication.
11. Special Discounts for Opening Weekend:
- Buy a Ticket, Get one free – May 5, 6, 12, 13, 19, & 20. Tickets must be purchased online in advance.
- Platinum Season Passes will be offered at a special low price of $69.99, a $15 savings off of regular price. This offer will only be available at the Main Gate May 5 & 6.
Lake Compounce is New England’s premier family theme and water park and is located in Bristol, CT. Featuring over 50 rides, shows, and attractions, Lake Compounce is the oldest continuously operating amusement park in North America, celebrating its 172nd season. .
The is park is home to Connecticut’s largest water park, Crocodile Cove. Lake Compounce is owned and operated by Palace Entertainment, one of the leading leisure park operators in the United States. Palace Entertainment owns and operates eight water parks, six theme parks, two animal parks, and five family entertainment centers across 10 different states. For more information, please visit lakecompounce.com, or connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Latest Stories From Roundup Partner : FOX 61
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. – A mother who gave birth to her son while she was in a coma has died away three years after she regained consciousness. WATE reports Sharista Giles died early Monday. It was announced on a Facebook page set up for the woman and her son. Giles’ mother, Anna Moser, said her cause of death is still being determined, but that it happened after she’d been taken to the hospital. In 2014, Giles, who was then four months […]
GUNTERSVILLE, Ala. – A senior prank at an Alabama high school surprised teachers in a way they say they’ll always remember, according to WHNT. Educators have staged walkouts in several states to fight for higher pay and recognition of the work they do for the country’s children. At Guntersville High School though, some members of the Class of 2018 decided to let their teachers know just how much they are valued. “The kids had left a nice little going away […]
BEECH GROVE, Ind. – Police are urging the public to be on the lookout for a large python on the loose in Beech Grove, Indiana. The snake is a Burmese python said to be 14 feet long, according to WXIN. The animal is a pet, but it’s not yet clear how it slithered out of its owner’s home. “She’s not a monster. Just don’t try to touch her, corral her,” the snake’s visibly worried owner told WTHR. “If you see […]
DERBY — The Derby Police Department is seeking information in regards to a chase that led two men inside a the Derby Public Library on April 23. Police released surveillance video that shows one male entering the library around 12:29 p.m. Seconds later, another male is seen going after the other male. At one point, the first male is seen jumping over the reception desk and running out the library as the other male chases him. The first male is seen […]